-Rain with some slush.
-Snow melts. Sunshine!
-Five minutes of HAIL.
-Light rain, a single gust of wind, and THUNDER. One thunder. One.
-Slush melts. Overcast.
...Wtf. Just, wtf, Portland. I don't even.
In other news... sirona_gs did this meme and I was like, OH RIGHT, I signed on to do this back in OCTOBER, ffffffffff. So, technically stolen from drownedcities, but Sirona bullied me into it.
1. reply to this post and I'll assign you a letter.
2. list (and upload) 5 songs you love that begin with that letter.
3. post them to your journal with these instructions.
...Screw uploading. EFF YEAH YOUTUBE!
1. "June Hymn", The Decemberists, The King Is Dead. Had to start off with The Decemberists, duh. They are my favorite band after all. CONCERT THIS SATURDAY YES YES YES!! I've been meaning to do a thorough track-by-track review of this album, but I haven't had time, so this will have to do for now. This one's not one of my favorite favorites on the album, but I do love it. It's just... sweetly pleasant. And the chorus is catchy. And it contains the word "panoply". What's not to like?
2. "Julien", Placebo, Battle for the Sun. HEY LOOK, NEVE, I BROUGHT PLACEBO TO THE PARTY! :D I <3 Brian Molko and I <3 Placebo. Battle for the Sun is one of my current musical addictions, and this is my second-favorite song off of that album. It's... it's just... SO DELICIOUS. Incidentally, I have a line from this song stuck to my bedroom door, written in Sharpie on electric flamingo-colored duct tape.
3. "Jezebel", Iron & Wine, Woman King [EP]. Guh. One of my most favorite Iron & Wine songs ever. I don't even know what to say about this one, except that I just want to close my eyes and curl up in this song like a warm fuzzy blanket fresh out of the dryer. So beautiful. ...Also, banjo in the bridge. Instant win.
4. "Jupiter", Jewel, Spirit. The artist on this list I've loved longest, for the nostalgia. Ahhh, Jewel. Your songs still hold up after all these years. And gods-damn but you can sing.
5. "Jen Is Bringin'The Drugs", Margot & The Nuclear So And So's, The Dust Of Retreat. A great song from one of my favorite bands; there are songs I like better, but this song is beautiful in its pared-down simplicity. Of the artists on this list, Margot is my newest addiction. ...I think this band will always be, to me, a symbol of my time here in Portland. I acquired the habit from Dar when we came to live together in the Land of Port. The very first concert I ever went to in Portland was the Margot concert, and damn was it memorable. Among other adventures, we took one of the opening bands, Everything, Now!, home with us; they slept on our floor and Dar made them waffles in the morning. This concert introduced me to the joys of living in a city with a fabulous live music scene; I've been a concert addict ever since. Getting up close and personal with bands like Margot is one of the things I know I'm going to miss the most about living here.