2. I started watching the documentary series on South Pacific islands by the same people who brought us Planet Earth. I got 48 seconds in and burst into hysterical laughter, because it is narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch. The documentaries are gorgeous, and they caught some really amazing groundbreaking footage, but whoever wrote the script needs to be taken out back and shot. I keep fidgeting with the need to go at it with a red pen. I can only imagine what Mr. Cumberbatch must have thought of it.
3. All of my shows have been AWESOME recently (except for the Doctor Who ep that I thought was rather weak), probably because everything's sneaking up on its season finale (except for the Doctor Who ep). GREY'S ANATOMY! THE VAMPIRE DIARIES!! SUPERNATURAL!!! HAWAII FIVE-OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!! I am so happy.
4. Went to see Thor today. It was good! Not life-changingly awesome superhero movie, but it was solid and entertaining and there was nothing in it that made me hate it. The 3-D stopped being distracting almost immediately. The interactions of Thor and other Asgardians with the denizens of Midgard (Earth) were hilarious in terms of cultures clashing to comedic effect. Thor himself is... kind of freaking adorable. And hot. S.H.I.E.L.D. dude continues to be hilarious, Natalie Portman's character was likeable, and Idris Elba as Heimdall was, as expected, FABULOUS. I kind of wanted to give Loki a hug. (Completely incidentally, I wore my Superman shirt today. It was only much later that I realized the irony.)
5. I would go and see Hobo With A Shotgun, but it's not playing in Hilo. TRAGEDY OF MY LIFE.
6. I AM INFECTING MY MOTHER WITH PATRICK STUMP. :DDDDDDDD WILL WONDERS NEVER CEASE! ...I had my "Patrick and Friends" playlist on while I was cooking dinner and she wandered in during "Big Hype"... and came over to peer at the Artist column in my iTunes, impressed. SHE LIKES IT. So then I had to explain briefly who Patrick Stump was, and play more Patrick Stump, and then later while we were brushing teeth I brought in my laptop and showed her the video for the A Capella Grammy medley to illustrate what he looks like when he sings (Mom: "He's not very inhibited, is he?"), and then I showed her my favorite Patrick performance gifs for further illustration, and I showed her the video for "Spotlight (Oh Nostalgia)", and I played the opening bit of "Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet" and the end of "w.a.m.s." to illustrate the lower end of his vocal range, and then "Golden" just because it's pretty, and then I played his new single "Explode" (because she saw "Thriller" and asked, "Is that like Michael Jackson?" and I was like, "No, but THIS IS.") and the "Patrick Stump makes a new album" video and I talked a lot about Fall Out Boy and Patrick Stump and the kind of person he is and what his solo project is all about and what my concert experience was like and we ended up standing in the bathroom for more than an hour and SHE LIKES HIM HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! She is getting so spammed with Fall Out Boy songs.