1. Reply to this post and I will pick five of your icons.
2. Make a post (including the meme info) and talk about the icons I chose.
3. Other people can then comment to you and make their own posts.
4. This will create a never-ending cycle of icon glee.
Baby chose these:
1. Kaylee Frye from Firefly! ♥♥♥ This is my one Firefly icon, from the very first episode when you're just meeting all of the characters. My alt-text for the icon is "you're gonna come with us", because that's what she says to Shepherd Book when she sees him looking at ships. This icon is just so happy and pretty and delightful, and I use it when I'm happy or delighted with something. (...If you don't know Kaylee, omg, do not pass Go, proceed directly to watching Firefly, have your nerd-cred returned to you on completion.)
2. Oh gosh. And now we've entered into the self-referential, in-jokes-with-friends section of my icons. This is actually a line from my own ancient fanfiction, a ficlet called "Star's Pants" I wrote 5 1/2 years ago for the fandom of the webcomic Metanoia. The line, "Why yes, these are Star's pants," originated in a meta conversation with my darling sirona_gs regarding the prequel to this ficlet, she begged me to write the sequel, I did, I included her favorite line, and she made an icon of it for me. This is the very first icon she made for me, although she's made others, and I often keep it in rotation out of Metanoia fandom nostalgia and fondness for Sirona.
3. JUICE! Ahaha okay, my best bro for life look_alive made this icon (with some consultation from me) for our mutual amusement and I promptly stole it. It's a reference. The alt-text is a clue. Does it help if I tell you it's a My Chemical Romance reference? No? Ok, well, the song "Black Dragon Fighting Society" starts with the spoken, "Yeah I drink juice when I'm killing 'cause it's fucking delicious," before blasting into awesome face-peeling rock and roll. I use this icon when talking about things that are fucking delicious.
4. Ahahahahahahaha ok this is actually a line from unfinished look_alive not!fic of the Bandom variety, in this case a they're-all-teens-in-a-residential-psych
5. I can't tell you where this image is originally from, I'm afraid. I grabbed this off of timepunching, where I've done a LOT of my icon shopping. Like, more icons from that one community than any other source. I nabbed this one and a few others of a similar mood because I am a morbid person who likes morbid things. The alt-text for this one is "take your sweetheart down to the river," a line from "Culling Of The Fold," my favorite song from The Decemberists, my favorite band. It's a song about murder! (See again, I am a morbid person who likes morbid things.) I selected that text because it is startlingly appropriate for the image, and because I am happiest when my icons reference two or more completely unrelated things. I use this icon when murder and stabbing are appropriate topics. And, I mean, when aren't they?
Well, go on then, who wants to play? Say so in the comments, and I'll gleefully rifle through your icons like a child with sticky hands in her mother's coat closet!