Then I dreamed that Robin (my Robin/Teen Titans Robin, although occasionally it was me in a Robin suit lol) was participating in some sort of charity fundraiser, in cooperation with some education superintendent or other, to improve public schools. It was called "Hugs for Kids" or something silly like that, and was pretty much exactly what it sounds like. Robin would go around to different public schools, and kids would pay two or three dollars (or beg the money off their parents) to get a hug from Robin, or a high-five, or a handshake, or an autograph, or take a picture with him, whatever they want. And the money would go to improving their school: construction of a new building, or new science equipment/sports equipment/books for the library, or a training seminar for the teachers, stuff like that. ...It was REALLY CUTE, and kind of a nice idea, actually. When I'm famous and/or a superhero, I might have to do something like this. So yeah, much of my dream was Robin standing outside a building on some middle school campus with a whole line of kids waiting their turn, and asking each one, "What do you want?" and then giving them a hug or a high-five or whatever they asked for. One odd kid wanted to be bitten, which Robin thought was REALLY WEIRD, but he sort of shrugged it off, bit the kid on the shoulder, and sent them on their way. Then there was the kid who, when asked what he wanted, dragged Robin a short distance away from the other kids and told the Boy Wonder he wanted to come out to him. Robin was like, "...What?! o_O" The kid explained that he was gay, but he was afraid to tell his parents or his friends or anyone. But he wanted to tell someone. He wanted to tell Robin. So poor Robin was all awkward and terrified to be having this conversation, but he also felt kind of honored, and he managed not to make a complete ass of himself. And then the kid was like, "I also want to give you something," and Robin's like, "Okay, what?" and the kid quickly kissed him on the lips and then ran away. And poor Robin was like, "O.O OMG WTF JUST HAPPENED?!" XDDDD I liked cute gay kid. ^_^ ...And then there was the sketchy 21-year-old who somehow managed to get in the line, and they tried to proposition Robin for sex, and Robin's like, "UM. HOW ABOUT NO." And they're like, "We could go inside the building, the kids don't have to see," and Robin's like, "SRSLY NO, HOW ABOUT YOU GO AWAY BEFORE I HAVE TO HURT YOU, YOU SICKO. D:<" And then they tried to offer him $1000 to do it and he was like, "OHMIGOD WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?!?! DDD:<" ...So that was weird, and Robin was not pleased.
...Anyway, old thread is old, but for my own reference Robin did talk to Lackadaisy's Mitzi May on dear_mun.
And now, a meme!
Stolen from shichahn.
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you've eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating. -Ha! Not likely!
4) Italicize foods you can't remember if you've had or not, but it seems like you should have, or you're pretty sure you have, but can't remember when.
5) Underline foods you would eat but haven't had the opportunity to. -Heh.
shichahn's added rule:
6) Add an asterisk to foods you've made.
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile -I have had alligator, though!
6. Black pudding -Oh yes, in Scotland! Delicious!
7. Cheese fondue
9. Borscht -Mmmmm Sandra's borscht <3 <3 <3
10. Baba ghanoush
13. PB&J sandwich*
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
17. Black truffle -I think I may have had it as an ingredient in something?
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes -Lol, most recently our flavored apple wine bitch drinks XD;
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes -<3 Portland-area U-Pick farms
22. Fresh wild berries...*? -Can't make berries, but like Lauren I've made stuff with them... mmm we had such tasty adventures with blueberries in Alaska...
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper -I think Dar may have put it in Salsa El Pain, perhaps?
27. Dulce de leche -Not sure it counts... I've had dulce de leche flavored ice cream, dunno about the real thing
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi -I've had mango and sweet lassi...
34. Sauerkraut -I've even had real, fresh, Germanic sauerkraut in Slovenia, mmmm...
35. Root beer float*
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
39. Gumbo -Oh god yes. Auntie Jeannette makes amazing turkey gumbo after Thanksgiving.
40. Oxtail -Mmmm oxtail soup, hells yeah~
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects -Ahahahaha yes.
43. Phaal -Oh god. Sounds painful, but I'll try it.
44. Goat's milk -I've had goat cheese...
45. Malt whiskey from a bottle worth £60/$120 -I'm pretty sure, anyway... ahahaha thank you Uncle Eric, best Christmas ever! XDD
46. Fugu -Terrifying as the prospect may be...
47. Chicken tikka masala -Mmmm~...
48. Eel -I've had plenty of unagi, anyway.
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut -Mmmmmmm~...
50. Sea urchin -Ayep. Tried it several times. Fresh from the sea even. Not a huge fan.
51. Prickly pear -Delicious.
52. Umeboshi -What kind of Hawaii girl do you think I am?
53. Abalone -I don't think so, anyway...
55. McDonald's Big Mac Meal
56. Spaetzle* -Sort of made it, anyway. I put pasta in boiling water. ::shrug::
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV -Oh man those delicious Belgian beers at the Patisserie.
59. Poutine Oooh sounds amazing.
60. Carob chips
62. Sweetbreads -I don't think I have?
63. Kaolin -It's possible I've had Kaopectate?
65. Durian -I should get on that.
66. Frogs' legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake -Oh hells yeah. Definitely the first two... can't remember on the others.
68. Haggis -Yes! Delicious! Amazing!
69. Fried plantain -I have eaten many strange varieties of banana in many strange ways, so it's quite possible.
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini -I've had both, but not together.
73. Louche absinthe -Sounds interesting
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill -Ahahaha maybe someday, if it's fresh. XD;
77. Hostess Fruit Pie -I don't think I have?
78. Snail -Ayep. Delicious.
79. Lapsang souchong -Not yet, anyway.
80. Bellini -Oooooh~, do want!
81. Tom yum -Probably? I've had a lot of Thai food, and I love their soups.
82. Eggs Benedict -Not a fan of hollandaise sauce, tho.
83. Pocky -Ahahaha when haven't I had Pocky? XD;
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare -Had rabbit, though.
87. Goulash -I don't think so?
90. Criollo chocolate -I dunno, but it's quite possible. I'm into fancy chocolates.
91. Spam -HELL'S YEAH, REPRESENT.
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa -That sounds amazing.
95. Mole poblano* -I've made it from a jar of concentrated mole, anyway. Mmmmm, mole~.
96. Bagel and lox*
97. Lobster Thermidor -Oh wow that sounds good.
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee -I don't think so?
100. Snake -Not yet!
So, between 49% and 56%. Not bad, but needs work. ...And now I'm hungry. Go figure.